Insurance Coverage for COVID-19 by Dhipaya Insurance
for Students of Bangkok University
Type of Insurance: Coronavirus (2019 nCoV), Group Health Insurance, with a 1-year coverage, by Dhipaya Insurance Public Company Limited
|Terms of Coverage||Coverage (Baht)|
|Critical illness or coma caused by the Coronavirus Infection||100,000/person/year|
|Medical expenses from the Coronavirus Infection||10,000/person/year|
Remarks: Benefits, coverage and exclusions shall be in accordance with the conditions stated in the insurance policy for Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Infection of the insurance company, Dhipaya Insurance Public Company Limited.
Students Eligible for the COVID-19 Insurance Coverage are as follows.
– Students of all programs of Bangkok University at the undergraduate degree, master’s degree and doctoral degree levels who register for the Semester 2/2019 (except for students on a leave of absence; exchange students and special students, in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of Bangkok University).
– Students at the graduate degree level who have maintained their student status for the Semester 2/2019, after completing all thesis credits or dissertation credits as required by the degree program.
To claim the Insurance Coverage for COVID-19:
**Download Application: TIP Insure
(Name-Last Name+ National Identification Number/Passport Number)
To receive a medical treatment for Illness with serious conditions or diseases caused by the Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19):
In case the insured students seek a medical treatment for COVID-19 at any of the hospitals listed by the Dhipaya Insurance (as detailed in Application TIP Insure).
– The insured shall receive the treatment without paying in advance. The Dhipaya Insurance will pay for medical expenses within a limit of the coverage amount.
– The insured must present a health insurance card via Application TIP Insure, together with the National Identification Number/Passport (for international students) at the hospital at the hospitals listed by the Dhipaya Insurance (as detailed in Application TIP Insure), when seeking a medical treatment for COVID-19.
Remarks: In case of the ln Patient, the hospital will inform/coordinate with the Dhipaya Insurance via Fax Claim and if there is any outstanding charges not covering by the insurance coverage, the hospital will send a bill
In case the insured students seek a medical treatment for COVID-19 at any of the hospital not listed by Dhipaya Insurance:
– The insured students must pay the hospital bill in advance and claim the expenses from Dhipaya Insurance, using the following documents:
1) A claim Form, downloadable at https://www.dhipaya.co.th/
2) A copy of National Identification Card/Passport (for international students)
3) Medical Treatment History, from first treatment to present
4) A claim form (A02) with a medical certificate/diagnosis from the physician confirming that the COVID-19 Infection, downloadable at https://www.dhipaya.co.th/
5) A copy of the 1st page of a passbook of the insured
6) An original copy of the receipt for the medical expenses from the hospital
To claim for the COVID-19 Insurance:
Filing a claim via Bangkok University
Send all required documents by mail to:
The Infirmary, Building A6
Bangkok University, 9/1 Moo 5 Phahonyothin Road Klong Nueng, Klong Luang Pathum Thani 12120
Filing a claim by Student
Send all required documents by mail to:
Health Claim Department, Dhipaya Insurance Public Co. Ltd.
1115 Rama 3 Road, Chong Nonsi Yannawa, Bangkok 10120
1. The insured students will be covered from April 16, 2020 to April 1, 2021.
2. This insurance coverage does not cover the confirmed case prior to April 16, 2020.
3. The insured students must be confirmed as being infected with the COVID-19 before being eligible for the insurance coverage.
4. In case of critical illness leading to a coma or brain damage or respiratory failure or death caused by the infection of COVID-19, the policyholder, Dhipyaya Insurance, will pay to the beneficiary 100,000 baht.
For more information, please contact:
– Dhipaya Insurance Public Co. Ltd., Tel. 02-239-2200 or Call Center 1736
– Bangkok University, Tel. 02-407-3888 Extension Number 2555 or Line @bu1stop