This is a letter issued by Bangkok University that you will need when applying for admission into an international study program at another university, in Thailand or abroad. The letter will support and recommend you to the study program you are applying for. A recommendation letter can also be used when you want to apply for a job.
How to obtain a Letter of Recommendation?
International Affairs Office (IAO) provides the form to apply for a letter of recommendation, and takes care of the processing of the letter of recommendation. At the bottom of this page you will find the form to apply for a recommendation letter. You Save
can print out this form, or obtain the form at Records Division on both campuses or International Affairs Office at Main Campus. Either way, you will need to return the completed form to us together with the required documents.
What are the required documents?
For the processing of your letter of recommendation, you will need to bring:
- The completed application form
- One original copy of either the official or unofficial transcript for each recommender.
- Receipt of your fee payment to the Financial Office: 30 Baht for each requested letter of recommendation.
- Obtain an application form
- Fill out the recommendation form
- Ask a lecturer (or Dean/Director) from the study program you graduated from to agree to write a recommendation for you. This person must be a full time lecturer. He/she must have known you well throughout or during most of your 4-year study program and should be able to recommend you for your specific qualities, abilities and study results.
- Return the completed form with the required documents to Records Office or IAO, and we will contact the recommender to write the official recommendation.
- You will receive an appointment slip from the office that states when you can collect your letter(s) of recommendation. Collecting of the letter(s) is mostly possible 5 working days after the submission date.
When applying to more than one university, it would be good to ask two or more persons to write a recommendation for you. Using copies of one recommendation to apply at different universities is also possible. The recommendation signed by the recommender is an official letter issued by Bangkok University and prepared by International Affairs Office. The letter will be sealed and needs to be sent by the student to the target university.
How to contact International Affairs Office?