The Education Relief Programs for Students and Parents
Economically Affected by the Situation of the Spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Infection
1. Description of the Education Relief Programs
The Education Relief Programs are available in 2 (two) categories as follows.
1. The Fees Relief Funds (an application to be submitted per semester)
(1) The Financial Aids for the Summer Session of the Academic Year 2019
(2) The 10% of Semester Fees Relief Fund for the Semester 1 of the Academic Year 2020
(3) The 10% of Semester Fees Relief Fund for the Semester 2 of the Academic Year 2020
(4) The Fee Relief Fun for the Summer Session of the Academic Year 2020
2. The Financial Aids for the Semester 1, Semester 2 and/or Summer Session of the Academic Year 2020 (A request can be made per semester.)
(1) The Financial Aid of 10,000 Baht
(2) The Financial Aid of 25,000 Baht
The Committee for the Education Relief Programs shall determine and award each type of the financial assistantship to eligible students, taking into consideration the financial need of each student, within allocated education relief funds from the University. An awarded amount of the financial assistantship shall be deducted from the registration fee of each semester.
2. Eligibility of Students for the Fees Relief Program or the Financial Aid Program
(1) Must be students of Bangkok University who enroll in a semester which they wish to request for the Fees Relief Fund or the Financial Aid.
(2) Must be students who are financially affected or with parents who are financially affected by the economic impact of the situation of the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Infection, such as the students and/or their parents who are confirmed to have been infected with the COVID-19; the parents of the students who have lost their job or have been suspended from their job without receiving any compensation; the students who have lost their part time job or have been suspended from their job without receiving any compensation; or in other cases where the students and their parents are financially affected due to related situations of the COVID-19, which, subsequently, have impacted the student’s current education, under the consideration and discretion of the Committee for the Education Relief Programs.
(3) Must be students of good character who strictly adhere to the rules and regulations including all announcements and directives of the University and have never been disciplined for any misconduct or for an academic dishonesty.
(4) Must be students who strictly comply with the disease prevention and control measures of the Ministry of Public Health, issued in accordance with the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations, B.E. 2548 (2005), including related announcements and directives of the University.
(5) Must not be students who receive any scholarship of the University (excluding students who are on the Student Loan Fund of the government agency).
3. Supporting Documents for the Fee Relief Programs or Financial Aid Programs
(1) A copy of the Student Identification Card or National Identification Card and a proof of name change (if any)
(2) A copy of the House Registration
(3) A copy of the National Identification Card of the parents and a proof of name change of the parents (if any), only required in the case where the financial impact affected the parents of the students filing for the financial assistantship.
(4) Transcript/Receipt of the Registration Slip (BU.F.018), received from the online registration or accessed via the website, http://ums.bu.ac.th/printslip/Receipt018 (if any)
(5) Any other related documents which can be used in support of the request for the financial assistantship as a result of the situation of the COVID-19 such as a medical certificate, documents from a workplace proving a loss of employment or a suspension of employment, or any other supporting documents.
4. Submission Period for the Fees Relief Programs and Financial Aid Programs for the Semester 2/Academic Year 2020
Students who wish to file a request for the financial assistantship may submit their request and supporting documents via the website, https://forms.gle/adbxAA1AiEbSrP1v7.
Request and Supporting Documents Submission Period: From now until October 7, 2020
5. Announcement of the Result for the Fees Relief Programs or Financial Aid Programs for the Semester 2/Academic Year 2020
Students may follow up on the announcement of the result for the Fees Relief Programs or Financial Aid Programs for the Semester 1/Academic Year 2020 via the website, bulinks.bu.ac.th/studentaid4covid19.
Date of Result Announcement: Friday, October 30, 2020